Common Boiler Issues - Blog
Your boiler is an essential part of any home or business, but we rarely give it any thought until a fault develops. A good working boiler provides a constant supply of heat and hot water, but if a fault develops it can lead to many problems and headaches. Being without hot water and heating isn't an ideal situation, especially in the cold winter months.
Several boiler faults can be fixed without the need to call out a professionally trained heating engineer, but many faults will need to be fixed professionally. If you are in doubt of what fault your boiler has, it's best to call out a professional.
With that in mind, lets take a look at the 5 most common boiler faults:
1. Loss of heat or hot water - This is by the most common fault you'll find. This fault is usually quite simple to fix. Causes of the fault range from broken airlocks and diaphragms to a fault with the motorized valves, also problems with the thermostat or low water levels can add to the problem.
2. Leaks and Drips - Leaking and dripping problems are usually a simple problem to fix. there are several different issues that could be causing your boiler to leak. Where the water is leaking from is the easiest way to determine the cause of the problem.
3. Odd banging noises - It's possible for your boiler to give off some very peculiar noises, ranging from banging to whistling and even gurgling noises. Very often the cause of this is air in the system or that the water pressure is too low.
4. Pilot light not working - This fault is often attributed to a broken removing the gas supply to the pilot light, it would therefore need to be replaced.
5. Loss of Pressure - The most common reason for loss of pressure is because of a water leak in the system. It could also be due to the pressure relief valve. This can be fixed by simply replacing the pressure relief valve.
We are able to offer our boiler repair liverpool service to assist you on rectifying all your boiler repair issues.