Equal Opportunities Policy
James Foy Plumbing recognise that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal opportunity. No job applicant or employee, member, volunteer or organisation/individual to which we provide services will be discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
- gender (including sex, marriage, gender re-assignment);
- race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin); disability;
- sexual orientation;
- religion or belief;
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- All employees (whether part-time, full-time or contractors) and beneficiaries will be treated fairly and with respect.
- Membership will be open to all.
- All vacancies will be advertised internally and externally simultaneously and will include a statement on equal opportunities.
- Selection for employment/apprenticeships, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All selection/rejection decisions will be recorded.
- All employees/volunteers/members will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of individuals will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- All employees have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of individuals to James Foy.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and beneficiaries are recognised and valued.
- Every employee, contractor and beneficiary is entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Equality is good management practice and makes sound sense.
Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary/legal proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by the management and has been agreed with staff and contractors
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all staff. Hence, all new staff/contractors will be made aware of its existence on joining the company, and reminded they must conform with it on a regular basis.